Hot & Sour Soup – Manchow Soup Video Recipe by Bhavna
Download Bhavna’s Kitchen apps for Android, iPhone and iPad
More recipes at http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com
Like me on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/superveggiedelight
Twit with me on TWITTER http://www.twitter.com/bhavnaskitchen
Olive oil 2 Tablespoon
Red onions 1⁄2 Medium, cut lengthwise
Ginger 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced
Garlic 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced
Red bell pepper 1⁄4 Medium, cut lengthwise
Green bell pepper 1⁄4 Medium, cut lengthwise
Carrots 1 Medium, cut lengthwise in 2-inch pieces
Mushrooms 4 Medium, sliced (Stems removed)
Vinegar 1 Teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Cabbage 1⁄4 Medium, cut lengthwise
Tofu 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed (Extra firm tofu used)
Corn starch 2 Tablespoon (Dissolved in a little water)
FOR THE SOUP BASE
Vegetable stock 3 Cup (48 tbs)
Water 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use as needed)
Instant noodles 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Any noodles of your choice can be used)
Chili sauce To Taste
Soy sauce 1 Tablespoon
Stir fry sauce 1 Tablespoon
Salt To Taste
FOR THE GARNISH
Spring onions 2 Tablespoon, chopped
1. In a bowl dissolve the corn starch with a little water and set aside.
2. In a pot, add the vegetable stock along with water as required and bring it to a boil.
3. Then add the noodles into the boiling broth. Also add chili sauce, soy sauce and stir fry sauce. Stir well for a minute or so and keep it uncovered for the noodles to cook adding some salt to taste.
4. Meanwhile take a frying pan, heat it with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, add the onions, minced ginger and garlic, some salt to taste, bell peppers, carrots and mushrooms. Saute on a high heat.
5. Add the vinegar and the cabbage and stir well for just about a couple of minutes on high heat to keep the vegetables crunchy. Turn off the heat and set aside.
6. Add the corn starch dissolved in water into the simmering broth and stir well bringing it to a boil.
7. Add the cubed tofu and a little more water if required. Stir and simmer for a couple of minutes more.
8. Add the stir fried vegetables and turn off the heat.
9. Serve the hot and sour soup immediately garnished with chopped spring onions.
The tofu can be stir fried and added or can also be added as it is.