Gluten Free Apple Pie – Dessert Recipes – Weelicious
Subscribe to Weelicious: http://bit.ly/_Weelicious5
Get the Weelicious cookbooks for 300 recipes like this! http://weeliciousbook.com/
How did you like this video? Post a comment below and thanks for watching Weelicious!
Gluten Free Apple Pie written recipe
for the crust: `
3 cups almond flour
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
for the filling:
5-6 cups apples, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Crust:
1. Heat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl until a soft dough forms. Split the dough in half and roll out between two sheets of parchment paper. Place one half of the dough into a pie pan and gently press into the side. Set aside.
3. Roll out the second half of the dough and slice into thin strips. Refrigerate the dough while you make the filling.
For the Filling:
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot. Saute the apples for 5 minutes, mix in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the arrowroot powder and vanilla extract. Allow to cool.
3. Spoon the cooled apple mixture into the crust.
4. Carefully transfer the pie dough strips onto the pie to form a lattice crust: Place 3 strips horizontally across the pie, and 3 strips vertically across the pie.
5. Bake the pie for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow on Pinterest:
Follow on Twitter:
Check out our Website:
And check out the Channel!