Crunchy Indian Fried Chicken | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
CRUNCHY INDIAN FRIED CHICKEN – (Serves – 4)
4 chicken legs cut into two parts
3 tablespoons red chilli-garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
2 tablespoons garlic paste
Salt to taste
Black salt to taste
1 tablespoon mustard oil
1 cup refined flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 cup buttermilk
Oil for deep-frying
1 egg white
¾ cup oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
Salt to taste
Iceberg lettuce leaves as required
A fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Combine red chilli paste, 2 tablespoons garlic paste, ginger paste, 1 tablespoon garlic paste, salt, black salt and mustard oil in a bowl and mix. Add chicken, mix and refrigerate to marinate for 2-3 hours.
2. To prepare sauce, combine remaining garlic paste and egg white and whisk using an electric beater. Add oil gradually and whisk till light and fluffy. Add mint leaves and salt and mix well. Transfer in another bowl.
3. Take flour in another bowl. Add chilli powder and salt and mix.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
5. Coat each marinated chicken leg piece with flour mixture, dip in buttermilk and repeat the process twice. Transfer on a plate.
6. Deep-fry prepared chicken leg pieces in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Transfer sauce in a serving bowl and place on one side of a serving platter. Put lettuce leaves on other side of the platter and place fried chicken leg pieces on top.
8. Garnish with sauce with a fresh mint sprig and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf